If you are reading this article, Then obviously you are facing the problem of oily hair. Oily hair is so annoying, Especially when you have some essential plans but suddenly realize it’s not your hair wash day, but your hair is already oily and fizzy. You cant schedule your plans according to your hair wash days every time. You need to fix this as soon as possible to eliminate this problem of canceling your plans due to your oily hair.
First of all, Let’s have a look at the leading causes of oily hair.
- The reason behind oily hair
- Using too many oil-based conditioners and shampoos
Shampoos and conditioners help clean dirty and oily hair. There are many different types of shampoos like dry shampoo and sulfate free shampoo for a different kinds of hair. If you are facing the problem of greasy hair, This could be one of the reasons you are using oil-based conditioners and shampoos.
In our body, multiple glands do their job according to their nature. Similarly, there is a gland name “sebaceous glands” this gland is responsible for the release of sebum, Which is the leading cause of oil in our hair—this oil produced by sebum works as a protective layer for the hair strands and scalp.
The excessive oil release in your hair has many reasons, and here we are with all the causes of oily hair, With all the solutions for this problem.
Significant causes of oily hair
In our daily routine, there are minor things that can be the reason for oily hair problems. It would be best if you changed all these minor things.
A bad diet is the primary cause of oily hair and skin. The consumption of oily food and refined sugar can badly affect hair health. Especially if you are on some medication, Your diet must be good to overcome all the side effects caused by those medicines. So take care of your proper diet.
2: Hormonal Imbalance
Hormones imbalance is also a reason for oily hair. So in this regard consult your Doctor as soon as possible.
3: Headwear like scarfs
For women who used to cover their heads with the help of a scarf and another kind of cap, this headwear can be the reason for oily hair. Dirty headwear can cause itching, and sebum reduces oil as a defense against dirt particles.
Yes, you read it right. Washing your hair daily can cause oily hair. Let me explain this statement. As I mentioned before, the sebaceous gland is responsible for releasing sebum which causes the oil in the scalp. So when you wash your hair more often, the sebaceous gland gets the signal to release more sebum to protect the hair and scalp. So due to this, You will face oily hair problems.
5: Environmental changes
Sometimes environmental changes are the reason behind oily, greasy and fizzy hair, even after washing it properly. Environmental conditions, Such as sudden drops in temperature, can affect your hair badly. In winter, hair is greasy compared to summer and other seasons.
6: Using the wrong hair products
Usually, people start using different products based on hearsay. Every person has different types of hair and skin. So it varies on the person itself. Some products are effective on a person, but the same products don’t need to affect the same way on the other person. So in this way, using the wrong hair products can damage your hair.
7: Thin hair
Thin hair is also the main reason for oily hair. If your hair volume is less, there are high chances of more sebum. Because sebum also protects thin and weak hair. So you must try some remedies to increase the volume of your hair.
So these are all the reasons behind oily hair.
Ways to get rid of oily hair
Here are some remedies and pieces of advice to avoid oily hair
1: Improve your diet
- Take care of your diet.
- Avoid oily food and refined sugar.
- Take your vitamins daily.
- Avoid the excessive usage of red meat and dairy products.
- Change your headwear, such as a scarf, daily.
- Wash your headwear Properly.
- Choose an excellent stuffed cloth like cotton.
- Do not use the same scarf for a long time.
3: A hair wash
- Wash your hair using room-temperature water.
- Do not use warm water to wash your hair.
- Do not wash your hair daily or twice a day.
- Take a one-day gap between hair-washing days.
4: Hair products
- Always choose the right product for your hair.
- Do not try new products without knowing about them for the sake of experiments.
- Use new products only if your hairdresser recommends it.
- Do not use oil-based conditioners and shampoos.
- Do not use a different kind of hair spray or gels
5: Hairbrushes and tools
- Do not use someone else hair brushes because they contain many germs.
- Always wash your hair brushes before using them.
- Always ensure that your hairdresser uses clean hair tools on your hair.
- It’s best if you carry your hair tools.
6: Remedies for thin hair
- When you feel your hair is greasy and it’s not your hair wash day, Comb your hair properly. By following this tip, your hair will look less greasy.
- For thin hair, you should use henna for hair. It’s a 100% natural product to increase the volume of hair. Henna is very beneficial for hair health.
Oily hair is a problem for every person who faces it. Another mistake people made was, They switched towards chemical-based products. Henna paste is one of the best natural products that can help you eliminate this oily hair problem. Henna has many other benefits. To read more about henna, click here.
By following all the tips, you can get rid of this problem. There will be no more tension of oily and fizzy hair. You will be able to schedule all your plans according to your wish, not according to your hair-wash day.