Silk dresses are the trend of recent seasons. And if you still do not have such a luxurious and elegant thing, be sure to get it! Because it makes you look royal and expensive too. But first, find out which style suits you and what to wear with a silk dress.
Who suits silk dresses?
Silk is a capricious material, and it is not suitable for everyone. Its smooth texture with iridescence plays beautifully in different lighting conditions, which can give excessive volume to problem areas. In addition, flowing silk can unfavorably emphasize the flaws of the figure. From all this, it follows that silk dresses are absolutely perfect for slender women.
But curvy ladies can also afford v dresses. Simply, firstly, you need to choose the right style and size: voluminous parts of the body should not be tight and thus emphasized. Secondly, avoid overly bright and light shades. It is better to prefer calm, muted, and dark.
Making the right choice
It is very important to choose the right silk dress. It’s worth starting the choice with a style, and modern things are presented in such models:
- Evening dresses: Their distinguishing feature is the length of the maxi, that is, to the floor (a luxurious, refined addition is a train). There are models on straps, American style, with one strap through the neck, with an asymmetrical top, open neckline, or deep V-shaped necklines. The open back gives a special charm.
- Cocktail dresses come in a variety of styles.
- A sheath dress is quite suitable for formal events and business meetings, but it will only fit perfectly on a slender figure.
- The combination dress (shirt) is the trend of the spring-summer 2019 season. It looks sexy and stylish, but at the same time not vulgar due to the aristocratic length no higher than the knees.
- A button-down silk shirt dress looks sexy and stylish. This model is quite suitable for dates, walks, meetings with friends and even for everyday wear if you are used to always looking attractive.
- A new look style silk dress with a flared hem to the knees or below is suitable for themed parties.
- A silk dress with a straight or trapezoid cut looks discreet and does not flaunt flaws. This option is acceptable even for office work, if there is no strict dress code, and you choose a calm and restrained shade.
Having decided on the style, pay attention to the length. If you want to buy silk dresses for yourself, visit Shikandk. Since silk is a specific material and used for sewing sleepwear, there should not be associations with pajamas, a shirt, or a peignoir. The mini looks vulgar and affordable, so the minimum length is midi to the knees or slightly above them. The hips must be completely covered. Also in trend are silk maxi dresses to the middle of the calves or to the ankles. The evening version can reach the floor, but in everyday wear, this length is inconvenient and impractical.